• Diploma in Medicine and Surgery, University Campus Biomedico of Rome.
• Diploma of Specialist in Orthopaedics: University Campus Biomedico of Rome.
• Second Level Master in “Metabolic bone diseases” awarded by the University of
PRIZES AND AWARDS
– Recipient of the 2001/2002 Socrates/Erasmus Student Mobility Award for the European Union. The award involved a three months visit to the Department of Endocrinology of the University St.Bartholomew’s and the Royal London Hospital, London- United Kingdom.
– Prize winner for the best poster at “Arthroscopy and Sports” REGAL congress 2006 17-18 February Viterbo, Italy.
– Recipient of the Aircast-BASEM (British Association of Sports Exercise Medicine) Travelling Fellowship for 2006: I visited the Department of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Keele University School of Medicine,Thornburrow Drive, Hartshill, Stoke on Trent ST4 7QB Staffs ENGLAND.
– Recipient of the Young Researcher Award for 2008 at ESSKA (European Society of Sports traumatology, Knee surgery, and Arthroscopy) 2008 for the paper: “Histopathology of the supraspinatus tendon in rotator cuff tears”. This award is given to the best scientific manuscript in the fields of Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopy presented by a researcher < 40 years of age. - Recipient of the EFAS (European Foot & Ankle Society) Travelling Fellowship for 2008. I visited European centres (UK, France, Spain), and took part in the European Foot and Ankle Society 2008 Annual Meeting in Portugal. - Recipient of the 2008 Hughston Award of the AOSSM (American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine) for the paper entitled “Equivalent Clinical Results of Arthroscopic Single-Row and Double-Row Suture Anchor Repair for Rotator Cuff Tears: A Randomized Controlled Trial”. This award is given for the most outstanding paper that appeared in the American Journal of Sports Medicine in 2007. - Recipient of the 2008/2009 Socrates/Erasmus Student Placement Award for the European Union. - Recipient of the 2008/2009 REGAL Award. The award involved a six months visit to many Departments of Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine of Rome, terminating with a cadaver lab course in Salisburg (Austria). - Recipient of the first level 2008/2009 SIOT Award (Italian Orthopaedics and Traumatology Association). - Recipient of the 2009 ICRS (International Cartilage Repair Society) Scholarship. I participated at the 8th World Congress of the International Cartilage Repair Society, May 23 – 26, 2009 Miami – Florida, USA. - Recipient of the 2009 European Arthroscopy Travelling Fellowship of the SIGASCOTAGA-SFA-AEA (Italian Association of Knee Surgery, Arthroscopy, Sports, Cartilage and Orthopaedic Technologies - German Speaking Society of Arthroscopy - French Arthroscopy Society - Spanish Arthroscopy Association). I visited some of the most famous European centres (Germany, Italy, France, Spain, and Portugal), and took part in the AGA 2009 Annual Meeting in Leipzig, Germany. - Recipient of the 2009 Europe/Japan travelling fellowship of the European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow (SECEC/ESSSE) and the Japanese Society for Shoulder & Elbow Surgery. I visited some of the most famous Japanese centers for shoulder and elbow surgery, and took part in the 36th Annual Meeting of the Japan Shoulder Society in Yamagata - Japan. - Recipient of the 2010 European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedic Sports Traumatology (EFOST) travelling fellowship. I visited some of the most famous USA centers for sports medicine, and took part in the AAOS 2010 Annual Meeting March 9-13 in New Orleans, LA. - Recipient of the 2010 Anglo-Dutch travelling fellowship. I visited some of the most famous centres for sports medicine and arthroscopy in Holland and United Kingdom. - Helal and Harries prize - Sport & Exercise Medicine Section of the Royal Society of Medicine for the paper “Platelet-rich plasma augmentation for arthroscopic rotator cuff repair: a randomised controlled trial” 23 September 2010 Venue: Royal Society of Medicine, London- UK - Recipient of the 2010/2011 First Level SIOT (Italian Orthopaedics and Traumatology Association) Award. - Recipient of the 2011 ESSKA (European Society of Sports traumatology, Knee surgery, and Arthroscopy) - SLARD (Latin American Society of Knee Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine) travelling fellowship. I visited some of the most famous South American centers for sports medicine, and took part in the ISAKOS Meeting in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 15 - 19 May 2011. MEMBERSHIP OF LEARNED SOCIETIES - International Cartilage Repair Society (ICRS) - European Society of Sports traumatology, Knee surgery, and Arthroscopy (ESSKA) - Osteoarthritis Research Society International (OARSI) - American Orthopaedic Foot And Ankle Society (AOFAS) - Societa' Italiana di Ortopedia e Traumatologia (SIOT) (Italian Orthopaedics and Traumatology Association) - Societa' Italiana di Chirurgia del Ginocchio, Artroscopia, Sport, Cartilagine e Tecnologie Ortopediche (SIGASCOT) (Italian Association of Knee Surgery, Arthroscopy, Sports, Cartilage and Orthopaedic Technologies) - Societa' Italiana di Artroscopia (SIA) (Italian Arthroscopy Association) - Gruppo Regionale degli Artroscopisti del Lazio (REGAL) (Regional Arthroscopy Association of Lazio) - Italian Society of Young Surgeons (SPIGC) - European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow (SECEC/ESSSE) - Achilles Tendon Study Group (ATSG) - Upper Limb Committee ESSKA (European Society of Sports traumatology, Knee surgery, and Arthroscopy - Royal Society of Medicine - Upper Limb Committee (SIGASCOT) (Italian Association of Knee Surgery, Arthroscopy, Sports, Cartilage and Orthopaedic Technologies) - Società Italiana dell'Osteoporosi del Metabolismo Minerale e delle Malattie dello Scheletro (SIOMMMS) - European College of Sports and Exercise Physicians (ECOSEP) - Epidemiology Commission ORTOMED (Italian Society of Orthopaedics and Medicine) - Scientific Commission ISMuLT (Italian Society Muscle, Ligament and Tendons) - Magellan Orthopaedic Society TEACHING EXPERIENCE Tutor in Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery to medical students PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS Author of more than 150 papers on Journals with Impac Factor| Next